Thursday, July 1, 2010

Unexpacted Day Off

Have you ever woken up to go to work, and then found out (or remembered) that you don't need to? It happened to me today for the first time (or the first I can recall anyways...). I don't know about you, but I was pretty excited! Don't get me wrong, I love my job, it's just I never feel bad about a day off. So I did my yoga, ate some eggs for breakfast, stopped at a couple of stores to buy some stuff fore my project, which is almost done and I will tell you more about it as soon as I am ready to lunch it, and headed to my mom's. I absolutely love to spend time with my mom and Donnichka! Not so much with many others lately, but with them I am always oh so happy!
So we had some mocha milk shake...

Then silly and dirty ET (stands for Eleanor Trimmer, in case you wondered...) paid us a visit.
Which made Donnichla very happy!
Awwww, can you feel the love!
The water in the pool was nice and refreshingly cool, so we swam for a bit, and the water always makes you hungry...
... so while Donnichka was making bubbles and I was taking pictures of them, our mamichka made us delicious lunch...
Borstch (or Bortch, or Borsh, whatever you wanna call it...). In case you ever wondered what it looks like...
With some meat sandwiches!
And delicious berry pie with ice cream! It still makes me drool just thinking about it!

Can you see how heavenly it is there?! I mean no wonder I always want to come back! It makes me feel like I am five again! It feels so nice when someone is actually taking care of you, feeds, you, talks to you... I miss that in my adult life!
So then I went home, got in fight over wedding plans with Evgeny, drank some tea, made a couple of jars with bath salt (part of the project, more on that later...), made my first header, using these directions, and wrote this post... The fight kinda ruined the evening for me, so I am going to watch some cartoons and go to sleep!
On the cheerful note - Happy first of July everyone! I love it when one month changes another one... It barely makes any sense here in the desert, but back in the days a change in the month meant change in the nature, and that was always fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks! :)