Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Salmon Fillet and Spiced Noodles

I feel like beginning today's post with a confession - I haven't been cooking for more than a month now! I mean, there is simply not enough time for this (yesterday I shopped for wedding stuff till 10:00pm again!). I do wish I would have time or energy to make food, as cooking is therapeutical for me.
Well, today I felt like I just have too make something - fastfoods and restaurants just didn't seem a good option tonight. I was exhausted, so it had to be something quick to make yet yummy to eat...
I made salmon fillet and spiced noodles.

yumm
Here is a recipe if anyone is interested.
You will need:
1/2 lbs (or more if you want...) salmon fillet.
2-3 tbs olive oil
5 medium mushrooms
4-6 jumbo black olives
salt, pepper, spices to taste

noodles
chicken/beef stock
1 tbs olive oil
little piece of butter
salt, pepper, spices

Salmon

Preheat oven to 400F'.
Grease the pan and put salmon fillet on it. Pour olive oil on fillet and spread it a bit. Spice it to your taste (I used Greek spices along with salt and pepper). Chop mushrooms and place them on top of fillet, then do the same with the olives. Bake salmon fillet for 15-20 minutes. You can put foil over it if you want it a little more moist.

Boil chicken or beef stock, place noodles in it and cook until ready. Drain the noodles and add 1 tbs of olive oil and a little piece of butter. Add spices to taste.

Remember I was talking/writing about creating a treasury (jewelery) chest for the things that are precious to me. Well, you think I forgot about it with all the wedding preps, but I didn't. In fact , I finished it today and would be delighted to show you! I am more than happy with the results...
treasure box

I am tired... 2 more working days... Friday I become one of you, fellow US citizens!

2 comments:

  1. YUM!!! I love salmon and it looks delicious here! Thank you for sharing. Also, your jewelry chest is quite beautiful. I wish I was as crafty! I'm excited for you on Friday! Yay! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Anastasia! Just letting you know that I just posted a "How To" tutorial for a blog button. I hope this helps you! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks! :)