Sunday, June 20, 2010

Smelly Day

Today I started my day with the smell of heated asphalt and freshly chopped veggies and fruits - we were helping preparing the food for homeless people.

My afternoon smelled like chlorine - we swam in the pool.



Later my nose could not escape the smell of wood and oil - I was helping my incredibly handy Evgeny to build a working table, I was covering all the parts with oil. I actually enjoyed that smell the most, it is so natural!

To top it of, I finished my day with the smell of honey, orange juice and bell peppers - I was making this delicious color coordinated meal. It's called sunshine chicken.

Here is the recipe if anyone is interested...


Ingredients:
1 lb chicken breast
1 1/2 tbsp flour
1 tbsp olive oil
1 onion
2 celery stalks
2/3 cup orange juice
1 1/4 cup chicken stock
1 tbsp light soy sauce
1-2 tbsp honey
1 tbsp grated orange rind
1 orange bell pepper
1 zucchini
2 small corn cobs
1 orange bell peppers

Mix flour with salt and pepper and coat chicken (bite size pieces) then cook chicken in a heavy-bottom skillet instill goldened. Put chicken aside and pour chopped onions and salary in the same skillet. cook until softened then gradually add the remaining flour and remove from heat. Steer in the orange juice, Chicken stalk, soy sauce, honey and orange rind. Bring to boil and simmer for about 15 min steering occasionally. Add back the chicken to the mixture. Add the bell pepper, zucchini, and corn cobs and cook until they soften. Add the orange segments and heat through for one more minute.

I served it with rice.
Also since we built a table for Evgeny I now have my two tables and finally have enough working space!

Tomorrow all bunch of us are going to church! And then I hope to work on some of my projects... I need to fix Evgeny's shirt, start making a pillow for kitchen, start making a living room fairy. I went and bought the fabric today...

Oh! And yesterday night I was able to take a pic of my Sushi! Here she is! It is a big honor to see her here in my blog. She is rarely seen at all really. Nice pet, huh?.. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks! :)